Ardian’s Buyout team is offering a graduate opportunity in the London office to assist in the identification, analysis and execution of investments. Ardian’s Buyout team is one of the most active on the LBO market in Europe, currently investing a EUR4.5 billion sixth-generation fund dedicated to the acquisition and growth support of high-quality companies. The team has completed seven buyouts during the last 12 months including one in the UK and one in France which the London team assisted on.
The intern analyst will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team, with high levels of interaction with senior management at Ardian, and other investment teams and support functions. High performing previous intern analysts have become permanent hires into the Ardian team.
Key responsibilities for the intern analyst will include:
- Collect and analyse information on target companies, their competitors and business sectors, as well as prepare materials for and participate to meetings with industry experts, managers, etc.
- Participate in the assessment of investment opportunities (business analysis, company modelling, company valuation, research of comparables, etc.).
- Participate in the investment process (including drafting the investment memorandum and reviewing due diligence work performed in various areas: commercial, financial, legal, etc.)
- The opportunity to steer the team’s overall investment thesis through writing a sector paper on an industry around which you have conviction
This list is not exhaustive and will vary depending on the capabilities of the intern and the needs of the team.
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative, and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player
- Intellectual rigour and discipline; ability to organise and perform work efficiently
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis, valuation techniques and competency in excel, word and powerpoint
- Degree either completed or due to complete from leading business school or university. Minimum 2:1 or equivalent
- Strong commercial understanding of Private Equity
- At least one previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Private equity fund
- M&A team of a leading European or American bank
- Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- Knowledge of financial engineering and LBO structuring
The internship will take place in our Mayfair office.
Remuneration according to profile.
Minimum 6 months, with potential for permanent hire into our Analyst graduate program subject to performance.
Further information available on http://www.ardian.com/en/human-resources
1 Grafton Street London W1S 4FE, London, United Kingdom